Good evening!
So today was an adagietto day. Translation: rather slow.
I am officially finished my last exam, and have some time before work starts to sit back, relax, and enjoy life's rather slow tempo.
I babysat my siblings for a couple hours today, and it was pretty easy. I felt like drawing, so I set them up with some colours and we did that together. Then we had lunch, I took them outside to play some soccer/football, we came back in and I got them a snack, then my brother played his DS and my sister continued to colour while I worked on a little project I had wanted to get done. I even played dolls for awhile with my little sister, but basically I got a jacket on one of her Bratz that she hadn't been able to get on before our Mom came home.
My grandparents are up for the week so we went out to visit them at the campsite their staying at (in their awesome trailer). We had some hamburgers, and me and my sister talked a lot more than we needed to about an anime she's getting me hooked on. Don't ask which one, it's so stereotypical anime freak that I wouldn't be able to admit I'm actually getting into it.
Other than that, there wasn't really much that I did.
I do own my own trumpet now though. The woman that gave it to me has officially become my hero. I think I will name the trumper Daniel. Either that or Benjamin. The first name that came into my head was Benjamin, but Daniel kind of suits the trumper to. I brought him to my old conductor, and he said that the trumpet was a really good one. In good condition (save for being a little banged up, but my conductor was able to buff out some of the dents with a drumstick. Who knew?) It's been well maintained, has a warm sound, and good motion. He gave me some good quality valve oil, some grease, and some tips on keeping the thing maintained. I can't wait to really start playing Daniel/Benjamin!
I had a trumpet buddy this year, which was awesome because the first year I really started playing trumpet I was the only one in the band. She was working on her practicum and had done some really cool stuff in Universtity when it came to music. She was the one who introduced me to Gustav Holst. He's my hero too. You can actually buy a 'Team Holst' shirt, and I am finding myself wanting one.
Anyways. I was going somewhere with this. She gave me a picture that had been taken of her conducting, and me playing trumpet at my last big concert. I've put it in my trumpet case and will keep it there, probably forever. She told me she would send me some music of awesome trumpet players who can basically make me feel like a failure just by thinking about the kinds of things they can play. I'm really excited to listen to them!
Well I'm exhausted, and I have to get up early tomorrow. The family is going to our church together to help decorate for "Vacation Bible School". It's this program for kids to go to, and I must admit it's really cool. Last year the theme was "God's Wild About You" and we decorated the church like a jungle. There were panda's all over the place, bamboo, lanterns, and a canopy set up in the lobby to look like the canopy of a bunch of trees. It's a lot of work, but it is pretty spectacular when all is said and done.
I'm sure it'll be good once we get there, but I would love to stay home and have another adagietto day tomorrow. I'd probably get bored to be honest. Without studying to do I'm a little aimless. I actually have these free moments where I'm not obligated to do anything. It's weird. I'll just stress out over driving now. That seems to be what has taken up that anxious spot in the pit of my stomach. I don't have my license yet, and if I don't practice I'm not going to be getting it soon. I know I shouldn't be worried about this stuff, but I kind of am, and I guess I should pray about it.
You know what, that's something I haven't done with driving. I'm kind of having a 'duh' moment here. If I pray about driving I'll probably feel a million times better about it.
Well that's awesome. I don't know if you know it, but you really helped me here figure out what I need to do about my attitude towards my biggest ordeal at the moment. (And yah, that's my biggest ordeal right now. I live a pretty laid back life.)
Right! I was going to go to bed because I'm tired. I get caught up in myself when I write on my blog. That's probably terrible, but I find this really fun.
Have a great night, and enjoy every adagietto day that comes your way. They can be few and far between, let me tell you.
Ciao!
-Trumpet Player.
No comments:
Post a Comment